For proper operation of the catalyst (catalytic converter), great importance is the principle of proper placement and Inspections throughout its life.The catalysts are robust and normally have a lifespan of 80,000 km. But the life can be reduced if the vehicle is not maintained properly or the machine is not working properly. Most premature destruction problems can be avoided by periodically checking the engine, the catalyst and the lambda receptor.
The owner Last of a vehicle equipped with a catalytic converter shouldnt maintain some basic principles to keep-In perfect operation, for all the kilometers that the life of down . Principles are These:
1. Use leaded petrol Never, since even small amounts of lead can damage the catalyst.
2. Check the engine oil consumption, so as not to exceed one liter per 1000 km. Will cause consumption Higher serious harm to the catalytic properties of the inverter.
3. Not attempt to Do start the vehicle with the push it, when the catalyst is hottest, as the machine can send unburned fuel into the catalytic converter where it will burn, damaging the ceramic monolith (will break or melt adhesive).
4. Not use fuel Do additives containing lead, he would poison the catalyst and will incapacitate him.
5. Regular car maintenance Recommended @, ignition systems-In particular, as any serious damage, destroying the catalyst.
6. Never let the tank dry, as this causes irregular supply of fuel, thereby creating mikroekrixeon (dowels) and high temperature in the catalyst, leading to melt the ceramic monolith.
Causes catalyst damage
When a catalyst is destroyed prematurely, it is absolutely necessary to find the cause of the fault, since his replacement, may be affected by the same problem in a short time. The malfunctioning of a catalyst, where km . Do not justify Use the end of life is possible due to some (or Opinions more) of the following causes:
– Poisoning LEAD
– Plug-In external materials
– Breaking through impact
– Melting (melting) of the monolith